Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory, glory
A Bakers Schedule
A baker must have forward thinking, they must prepare for the next day the night before, days before, weeks before and months before. Because, some of the products are seasonal they must be ordered in advance, frozen ingredients may need time to thaw out. Some ingredients require room temperature and some of the product will need time to rise. The baker normally starts when your day is coming to a close and their day ends when you are rising for the day.
Day of rest
Our family bakery was open Mondays through Saturdays from 6 a.m. To 6 p.m. The schedule changed one time per year when we would take two weeks off in the month of August because it was the hottest month and because the bakery was slow during this time. This two week closure was important, considering the many hours that the entire family and non family members dedicated to the bakery business.
Growing up I missed my father presence at home. He worked six to seven days a week and about 12 to 14 hours a day. When he was home, we had to be super quiet during the day, so he could sleep, which was very hard to do because we were children.
What does your waking schedule look like?
My day consists of God waking me sometimes around the 5:00 am hour, its strange how wide awake I feel, when this happens, but, when I want to keep my eyes open, I feel exhausted, so, I use this time to pray. Then I eventually fall back asleep and awake to my alarm on my cell phone.
When I wake, I try and have a mindset like this one.
- I thank God for another day,
- I will read the Bible and then kneel and pray that is if I don’t get distracted by other nuances, like the thing rushing me to get ready for the day,
- Reserve a daily time with God for bible reading and prayer, in order to know God and His will for your life and to gain the power to follow His will. This sets the tone for the rest of your day.
- I read a daily devotional on my phone and a booklet that is mailed from In Touch.
- As I drive to work I listen to Christian music during the day at work,
- I may even add to this by listening to podcasts and
- read or listen to the bible via phone app,
- On my breaks I will do my bible study homework.
What does your daily schedule look like?
- What wakes you up in the morning?
- Do you go to bed assuming you will wake in the morning?
- What if you didn’t wake up in the morning, is there anything you should have done prior to going to sleep?
- Does your evening or morning consist of God?
- Do you pray before going to bed?
- Do you read the bible before going to bed?
Let the good God times roll as you live out each and every day of your life. What is your burning desire (something you want to achieve)?
Today is a new day! Rise and shine and pray like there will be no tomorrow. Or, do you wake and think oh yeah, another day and a day I dread so badly, or another day in school or at job you don’t want to be at. Think about the attitude you may have… shed away from the old skin and be a fresh new layer.
There are lots of people that would die to be where you are and be part of what you are doing. Be thankful for everything all day long. Sing and rejoice in his name!
Reach for your bible, indulge in it by reading Proverbs of the day, plant the seed of today that you will reap another day. Make the time, because we are only on this earth for a limited amount of time, use your time wisely.
Until your life is turned upside down like mine was, you may never think about making this a priority in your life.